So yesterday, we went out to the family farm because the black raspberries were ripening and the mulberries were just raining off the tree.
Yeah. We got five and a half pounds of black raspberries and probably ten pounds of mulberries. Insane.
Unfortunately, mulberries don’t keep well, so we had to start processing them immediately. (Yeah, unfortunately, hahaha.) So after I put the first double-batch of jam into the bread maker (it turned out well but a little tart – I think I’ll try it sans lemon juice when I put the next batch in) I mixed up some muffins.
Mulberry Cinnamon Muffins
- 3 c flour
- 1 c sugar
- 4 tsp cinnamon
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 c milk
- 1 c butter, melted
- 2 c mulberries (or blueberries, raspberries, or whatever you have on hand)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients.
- In medium bowl, beat eggs, milk, and butter. Add to dry ingredients and stir until just moistened.
- Fold in berries.
- Pour into greased muffin cups or paper liners. (Makes 18)
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
These are tasty muffins and they held up well overnight for breakfast today. Look out! There are a LOT more berries to deal with around here.