I picked this one up at Bezzie’s blog and it looked like fun. It was interesting to see how many things I could check off, and which ones I’d done that she hadn’t.
Things I’ve Done (In Bold)
1. Started my own blog
2. Slept under the stars – not intentionally, but we couldn’t find the cover for the peak of the tent.
3. Played in a band – for years…
4. Visited Hawaii
5. Watched a meteor shower – more than once.
6. Given more than I can afford to charity
7. Been to Disneyland/world
8. Climbed a mountain
9. Held a praying mantis
10. Sung a solo
11. Bungee jumped
12. Visited Paris
13. Watched lightening at sea
14. Taught myself an art from scratch
15. Adopted a child
16. Had food poisoning – but it was from this awesome Mongolian BBQ…soooo good…
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty
18. Grown my own vegetables
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France
20. Slept on an overnight train
21. Had a pillow fight
23. Taken a sick day when youâ€™re not ill
24. Built a snow fort.
25. Held a lamb
26. Gone skinny dipping
27. Run a Marathon
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice
29. Seen a total eclipse
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset
31. Hit a home run
32. Been on a cruise
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person
34. Visited the birthplace of my ancestors – you…mean…Oklahoma?
35. Seen an Amish community
36. Taught myself a new language
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person
39. Gone rock climbing
40. Seen Michelangeloâ€™s David
41. Sung karaoke
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant
44. Visited Africa
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight – and it was gorgeous.
46. Been transported in an ambulance
47. Had my portrait painted – art class.
48. Gone deep sea fishing
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling
52. Kissed in the rain – any day it’s raining.
53. Played in the mud – I’m sure.
54. Gone to a drive-in theater
55. Been in a movie
56. Visited the Great Wall of China
57. Started a business – small but true
58. Taken a martial arts class. (Go go, Yellow Belt!)
59. Visited Russia
60. Served at a soup kitchen
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies
62. Gone whale watching
63. Got flowers for no reason
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma
65. Gone sky diving
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp
67. Bounced a check
68. Flown in a helicopter
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy – I have a little bucket with things from my childhood
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial – I’m putting this down as a maybe. Mom?
71. Eaten Caviar
72. Pieced a quilt
73. Stood in Times Square
74. Toured the Everglades – no, but we did go inner-tubing down a crocodile-infested river…
75. Been fired from a job
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London
77. Broken a bone
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle – all th- I mean…no…
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person
80. Published a book – no, but I’m in a published book!!!
81. Visited the Vatican
82. Bought a brand new car – we once bought a car that was only a year old.
83. Walked in Jerusalem
84. Had my picture in the newspaper
85. Read the entire Bible – *cough* um…no.
86. Visited the White House – maybe?
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating – near enough as makes no never mind. Although I avoided hatchet duty.
88. Had chickenpox – check.
89. Saved someoneâ€™s life
90. Sat on a jury
91. Met someone famous – He’ll be famous someday.
92. Joined a book club
93. Lost a loved one – no one really, really close, but yes.
94. Had a baby – twice. Bonus points!
95. Seen the Alamo in person – and got sunburned there, too.
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake
97. Been involved in a law suit – sort of. But they settled.
98. Owned a cell phone – Of course.
99. Been stung by a bee – no. Yellow Jacket? Yup. Hornet? Repeatedly. Wasp? Frequently. Bee? No. I’m trying to avoid it, too.
100. Rode an elephant. – Thanks, Mom!
So that was fun. Life is exciting.
Well – darlin’ change the praying mantis – come on you lived in the country everyone was always bringing me praying mantisis (sp?) Lincoln mem, yes, white house no (lines & kids) I’ll forward you the pic of you infront of Lincoln when I run across it again. Do mtns in Colo count – you climbed ON a mt. Didn’t you get to hold a lamb at Aunt Trudy’s?
Who is Bezzie & what is her blog address?
Been to Grand Canyon, Venice, Hawaii, Alaska, Vatican – but the Sistine chapel was closed.
Been to the top of the Washington Monument several times as a child. I made my father do it when he was ~40. When I turned 40, I had to go to him and apologize.
Ate Caviar – it was gross. Way too salty for me.
Love your blog. I read it regularly and have done a couple of your projects. Keep up the good work. You inspired me to create my own blog about the wedding dress I am making for my niece. http://www.sewbobbi.wordpress.com
I don’t know about the Lincoln Memorial, but I do know you’ve sold Girl Scout cookies (61). We were both in Brownies for about a year and a half. Selling the cookies was one of the reasons Mom decided she didn’t like Brownies.