Two projects saw their finish today: first up, the Vestee!
Max is seen here being a tree, which is apparently very serious business. He likes it, though. See?
The shawl collar read a little feminine to me, and I didn’t want to make him a sweater with a hood even if I’d thought I’d have enough yarn (which I might have had…I have a good chunk of the fifth ball left over), so I just picked up stitches and short-rowed some triangular pieces in k1 p1 ribbing to match the cuffs. I’m not 100% happy with how the neckline turned out, but I made this sweater to go with a white shirt and tie on Sundays, and I think it will work just fine for that.
Next up, I made a hat to go with my Tea Scarf!
I used the Pretty Puffs Slouchy Hat pattern by Jessica Suzanne, and I really like it although mine came out a lot bigger than expected. Of course, I used a K hook with my Debbie Mumm Traditions when the pattern specified a J hook for worsted (I already had it out for the scarf). Plus, I had a bandaid on the index finger of my right hand – the finger I control my yarn with – so I was trying not to snag or pull a yarn already hypersensitive to snagging and pulling with a built-in yarn-snagger on the finger I like to slide my yarn along…and I think I just worked it up way too loosely. Here’s one shot of the back before I go, because it’s awesome –
You’re lucky I’m restraining myself. I posted four pictures of this baby in my Ravelry project folder.