1) Raw chicken that’s been in the fridge too long smells like death.
2) And so does the orange juice that was near it.
3) Juice boxes are more fun to squeeze than to drink out of…until Mom sees you…
4) Your toddler may not fully appreciate the 100% wool sweater that you lovingly, painstakingly hand-knit for him, if it’s 80 degrees in the house.
5) Despite making good videos, our new camcorder takes lousy stills.
6) With a hood on, Charlie looks just like a little bear. (The pattern I used, by the way, is here. I omitted the pocket, as Charlie doesn’t use those yet. I suppose I could always stick one on the front if he still fits it by the time he wants one.)
7) Jack-0-lanterns mold at light speed in warm, humid weather. Frightening, three-inch curtains of mold that wave in the wind.
8 ) At this very moment, it’s only 46 degrees at our next base.
9) Sometimes, the 2.5-foot-mafia may not want you around.
10) But never at the same time that you need a break from them.